Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RLH30
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Soundbar 500

Can anyone help please... I have 2 soundbar 500 and 2 home speaker 300. 
I am trying to group them on the app but it will only play on the main speaker. It was working til yesterday just fine. 

14 REPLIES 14
MTCornett
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500

I just bought the Bose Soundbar 505, has a large remote.  We have a Vizio Smart TV with Roku.  Any way to set up the Bose remote to run the Roku as well as volume?  Hate using two remotes, I would imagine there’s a way but the manual and even the remote only shows Cable, Satellite, Gaming, DVD, but not Roku.  With this being so common now - this remote should be updated to accommodate. 

Vicky_W

Hello RLH30 and MTCornett, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

@RLH30 - I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble when using the group feature on the Bose Music app. I would like to confirm if you are using the steps here to group your speakers. If so can you please let me know which service you are using to play audio. And if this happens across all audio services? 

@MTCornett - Just to confirm, is it the Bose Soundbar 500 with the Bose Universal Remote that you have purchased? I need to confirm this before I can recommend the next steps forward? 

I look forward to your responses. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RLH30
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I am using a soundbar 500 with universal remote, using the Spotify app. 
Yes I use those steps to group. 
thanks 

Vicky_W

Hello RLH30, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

This does seem strange, let's see if we can get this resolved. 

I would love to try and update the firmware on the speakers to ensure that they are all running the same firmware. It would also be great to check for any updates on the Bose Music App. 

To check for an update on the Home Speaker 300: 

On the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds:

• If an update is available, a white light scrolls across the light bar on the front of your product while it is updating. Once complete, your product reboots.
  • If no update is available, your product reboots.

To check for an update on the Soundbar 500:

On the remote control, press and hold the Music button (to the left of the TV button) for 10 seconds:

• If an update is available, a white light will scroll across the light bar while it is updating. Once complete, the soundbar will reboot
  • If no update is available, the product will reboot without any scrolling light bar activity

Once you have updated the systems, please can you try the 'Group' feature again? 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
RLH30
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Hi Vickie, 

I have tried the above, all the products looked like they were updating and then the light stopped and none have them rebooted. 

I have tried to re-group again 3 group together, the soundbar connected to the TV will play on its own, and play through the tv yet not group and play simultaneously with the others as I want music playing throughout the house. 

Thanks 

Vicky_W

Hello RLH30, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Just to confirm: 

• If you have a dual-band router, are all of the speakers on the same stream either 2.4G or 5G?
  • If you have multiple routers, are all of the speakers connected to the same one? 
  • Can you please let me know which firmware each of the speakers is running on, this will be under Settings > About. 
  • Are you using a Spotify app on your TV or your phone?

Once you have confirmed the above, I can look at finding an alternative solution. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

RLH30
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Hi Vicky, 

thankyou for your reply. 
both soundbars are on 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35 

both home speakers are on 3.0.9-1307+e36810e 

I have a dual band router and extender. All 4 products are on extender 2.4g 

I use Spotify on my phone and sometimes the tv through one of the soundbars. 

thankyou 

Jeff_G

Hello RLH30, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If you go into the Bose Music app's speaker settings, you can see the strength of the WiFi signal reaching the speaker. Can you please check to see whether one of the speakers is receiving a poor signal?

To find product information using the Bose Music app:

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the My Bose icon  in the upper-left
  2. Select the desired product
  3. Tap the product image in the bottom-right corner
  4. Select Settings
  5. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu and select Technical Info
  6. Scroll down to view the Network Name and Wi-Fi Strength
  7. Wi-Fi Strength displays a range from -30 dBm (strong signal) to -90 dBm (weak signal)

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

RLH30
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Hi Jeff, 

All the products are receiving a good or great strength signal 

I know cannot successfully connect to any of the speakers for a long period of time before it disconnects. 
I’m getting frustrated about this now as they should all work as they say and I can’t understand why they are not. 

thanks