tubacjohn
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2021

Bose Wave 46 inch TV Stand

46 inch video wave TV 

United States- 

HELP

I purchased a used 46 inch Bose Wave TV when I moved into a new home this year.  It as in a shelf unit and I tried to move it.  Apparently the stand was not a Bose stand and had a tempered glass base which shattered when i tried to move it with a friend.  Luckily the tv did not fall and simply has no stand now.  I am trying to find the stand and any needed hardware to install to properly in another location.   JOHN

4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Wave 46 inch TV Stand

I would go to a glass shop and have a new piece of glass cut.

tubacjohn
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion/reply.  The stand that was installed was a generic stand for a flat screen tv weighing much less.  As the tv weighs about 130 lbs I do not think it is safe to have it on a glass stand.  JOHN

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You can get as thick and as strong as you need.  Or, cut a piece of wood to fit.

I had a piece of glass cut for my 65 inch LG OLED, but it has a piece of wood beneath it.  This was to raise the TV so my remote would work with a Bose Soundtouch 300 sitting in front of it.

GQ1rmzEs.jpg2019-11-08 14.02.10.jpg

tubacjohn
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2021

Nice setup!  Your tv weighs 55 lbs max.   Mine is about 130 lbs.  the stand it was on would never meet safety standards.  I am luck the who;e thing didn't fall to the floor when the glass base shattered.  Luckily there were three of us there to catch it.  No damage to the TV.  For the time being the tv is sleeping on its back until I can find a stand to handle it.  I might look for a thick piece of metal.

JOHN