Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave12
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2020

Bose 901 Series V - Receiver Compatibility

Is the yamaha rx-v685 receiver compatible with the Bose 901 Series V speakers/equalizer that needs pre amp in/out or tape monitor loop. The Yamaha receiver has what appears to be pre-out. With newer receivers, isn't the pre-in more or less achieved internally? Is there a way to hook up the 901 Series V with a receiver that only has pre-out, with a different connection for in? Or is there a recommended switch to make these speakers work with the equalizer? Any suggestions appreciated. I'd ultimately like to have a receiver I can also tie in my soundbar/tv with.

3 REPLIES 3
Russty
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

Re: Bose 901 Series V - Receiver Compatibility

I use a Denon receiver, and have Bose speakers plugged into everything but the sub(I don’t have a powered sub...yet) just an option to check out. I have recently learned that the 901s will work without the equalizer but not as well. 

qdubs
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Hello,

It may be possible to set up a tape monitor loop with the Yamaha RX-V685 receiver. It sounds like it will be rather complex, however. Check out this link from Yamaha's website (the manual for the RX-V685)

https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/rxv685/en-US/3839972875.html

Also, there is a forum post on a different forum (Audiokarma) that explains how to set up the tape monitor loop with an Onkyo receiver; I assume it is a similar process with the Yamaha. You can go to Audiokarma's website and search "New receivers with tape loop/tape playback feature?"

Check out the first post from the user audiojones.

If that is too complex, you could try using an older second-hand stereo receiver or amplifier for your TV sound. Usually, those have a tape loop. I hope this is helpful!

-qdubs

yeefe432
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2021

I become able to get it operating on occasion by way of cleansing each the earbud and the case with an alcohol wipe, however even if that does paintings here, it handiest lasts till the following time I use it, so I'm now not confident that cleansing is truly what is temporarily fixing it.