Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Soundbar 700 - Alexa started only playing one song from a playlist at a time

Previously I was able to say "Alexa, play X playlist" e.g. "Alexa play Halloween party playlist", and Alexa would play a suitable playlist.   Today I noticed that the soundbar stopped after the first track in the playlist.  I can repeat the command and Alexa will continue to play, but it will only play one song at a time.   I have powered off and restarted the soundbar but it continues to behave the same way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 - Alexa started only playing one song from a playlist at a time

Author Accepted Answer selected by DanEllisUK

Its fixed!

Another reset of everything, but the difference this time was I also disabled the "Bose (not for SoundTouch)" skill.   So this was the procedure to fix the issue:-

1. From the Bose Music App remove:-

• Soundbar
  • Amazon Music account

2. From the Amazon site, remove all Soundbar related devices from all accounts in the Amazon household

3. From the Alexa mobile app, disable the "Bose (not for SoundTouch)" skill

4. Confirm there are no Soundbar related devices shown in the Alexa app.

5. Perform full reset of the Soundbar (using the remote, hold down Power and >>|  for 5 seconds)

6. Using the Bose Music app, re-run the initial setup process.

Once everything is setup, there should only be three Soundbar related devices in the Alexa app:-

Two devices with icons which look like an Amazon echo dot:

1. "<Firstname>'s Bose Soundbar 700"

2. "TV Room" (or other name as entered in the Bose Music app)

Third device which looks like a speaker:

3. "TV Room" (or other name as entered in the Bose Music app)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 - Alexa started only playing one song from a playlist at a time

Hi DanEllisUK

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!  We are currently working on this issue and running some tests.  If you could provide us some logs again while the issue happens that would help tremendously!  

There is an easier way of gathering logs which shouldn't require you to put the system into setup mode.  All you have to do is locate the IP address of the system in the settings of the Bose Music app.  In a web browser you should be able to type in the IP followed by /logread and the download should automatically happen.

Let me know if you need a link to the Drop Box account again.

Thank you!

Tony A - Community Support 

DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Thanks Tony.  Log files have been uploaded to your drop box.

I have recently changed the voice assistant setting from my wife's account to mine.   I was then not able to play music from the Amazon Music account defined in the Bose app using Alexa, so I put the setting back to my wifes account again.   This issue has probably started happening since I made this change.

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi DanEllisUK

Thanks for the update!  I've raised this issue to our development team and they're wondering if you are using an Amazon Household account or a individual accounts.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A   

DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Individual account currently (as far as I can recall).   We were not able to setup a household account when I last tried because my wife's account was a student account.   When we renew the prime membership next time, I was planning on setting up the household option.

DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

I was wrong.   We do have Amazon household configured on my wife's account.   It was only the prime benefits which were not shared, the household was created but it must have been this way for almost a year.

I also noticed that we had more Soundbar devices defined in the Alexa app than I thought we did previously, so I have de-registered all soundbar related devices from both Amazon accounts.  Then I removed the soundbar from the Bose Music app and reset the soundbar to factory defaults, then reconfigured from scratch.

But playlists are still only playing one song.  I've also noticed that "Alexa, skip track" does not work either.  Alexa responds with "I can't skip to the next song".  It is also not possible to skip to the next track using the remote.

"Alexa, stop" responds with "I can't pause".

If I initiate an Amazon playlist from the Bose Music app, I am able to skip using the remote, but it also fails using voice commands.

Here is a summary of what works:-

Playlist Initiated byAlexa, PauseAlexa, SkipRemote pauseRemote skip
Alexa"I can't pause""I can't skip to the next song"Silently failsSilently fails
App"I can't pause""I can't skip to the next song"WorksWorks
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi DanEllisUK

Thanks for the heads up and I've updated your ticket with the development team.  Once we hear back, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

DanEllisUK
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by DanEllisUK

Its fixed!

Another reset of everything, but the difference this time was I also disabled the "Bose (not for SoundTouch)" skill.   So this was the procedure to fix the issue:-

1. From the Bose Music App remove:-

• Soundbar
  • Amazon Music account

2. From the Amazon site, remove all Soundbar related devices from all accounts in the Amazon household

3. From the Alexa mobile app, disable the "Bose (not for SoundTouch)" skill

4. Confirm there are no Soundbar related devices shown in the Alexa app.

5. Perform full reset of the Soundbar (using the remote, hold down Power and >>|  for 5 seconds)

6. Using the Bose Music app, re-run the initial setup process.

Once everything is setup, there should only be three Soundbar related devices in the Alexa app:-

Two devices with icons which look like an Amazon echo dot:

1. "<Firstname>'s Bose Soundbar 700"

2. "TV Room" (or other name as entered in the Bose Music app)

Third device which looks like a speaker:

3. "TV Room" (or other name as entered in the Bose Music app)

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi DanEllisUK

Thanks for the update!  Please let us know if the issues comes up again.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

ChrisX5150
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Bose Home 500 - Help - Only Plays on song via Alexa on Amazon Music (we pay for) and most other Svcs

I saw someone else having some issues with the Home 500, it is crazy. Alexa will say "now playing a shuffle by U2" and it plays one song. Each time. Reset router, reset Alexa app, reset Bose, reset Amazon Music... same issue across Amazon Music and multiple other streaming services that we pay for. This is NUTS as we pay for the services and the Bose 500 is new and quite pricey. Please Help.