cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constantin20
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Cannot setup Bose Home Speaker 500 with Bose music app.

The Bose Music app recognizes my Bose Home speaker 500, but when I go to connect the product, the following message appears, "Oops! something went wrong. We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product." I've tried resetting the speaker, my iPhone, and the app. I even reinstalled it with no luck. 

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
tlamin
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Re: Cannot setup Bose Home Speaker 500 with Bose music app.

I have the same problem. at some point it will connect, establish connection, activate and lose the connection completely at the end of the setup process. I have removed and added the product many times. I have restarted by router many times. I use the UNIFY AP-AC-PRO Wireless router connected to a security gateway and switch. I have IOS 13.5.1 on all three devices and IOS 10.x on an old IPAD. I was able to setup my speaker back in 2019. Few weeks again, I lost connection and have been trying to reconnect. I have tried using three different iPhones, an Android device, an Ipad pro and no success. I enabled UPnP on my network. I am technical and have done this type of connections before. I dont know what to do again. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I created new Bose account. Nothing is working. Because of this, I am unable to setup the sub woofer and surround speakers. Without them, I will not buy this soundbar 500.

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey both,

Thanks for your messages and welcome to our Community forums. 

Constantin20 - have you tried restarting your router, akin to the information from tlamin? It sounds like you may both be having networking difficulties with the setup process for the speakers. 

tlamin - it sounds like you have a complex network setup in your home environment. Is it possible to reach out to Bose support in your region directly for one-to-one troubleshooting support? We may be able to connect with you to provide real-time assistance, which would be more beneficial in your situation that a platform like the Community.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sbeam
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Having exact same problem, went to new iPad, Bluetooth is great, already on the net, plays stations, will not setup on Bose music app, just purchased sound link speaker to run with this but will take back if unable to get the stupid app working.

Sbeam
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

After factory reset, removing device from Alexa app I was able to get music app to add speaker, now I need to add to Alexa and since the instructions for adding a blue tooth using simple sync, that’s funny, are so poor I gave up right after it said select my Bose in music app, does not exist.  Not sure what happened to Bose, great music, lousy new tech crew.  Why do you advertise when you have no instructions for said product?

Dbudds
Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Worst app ever designed! I have been having problems for month. Sent the speaker back they said they fixed it with no change. Horrible support and product. So sorry I purchased.