Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Netflix HQ Audio - Stranger Things 3

I have been watching Stranger Things 3 and just wanted to comment on the audio. According to Netflix, one of the reasons they decided on improving the audio bandwith for their shows was because of their experience with Stranger Things. This is detailed in their HQ audio announcement.

I must say the sound is great. My Cinemate 130 virtual rear sound projections seems more detailed  and clearer. My room, it turns out, is very good for handling reflected sound and I think the greater bandwith now being offer by Netflix over HDMI is really doing the job. No wireless rear speakers needed thanks to very efficient phase guide radiators.

I was doing a little episode binging and found the sound track very immersive loud and clear. In addition to crisp highs and a wide sound stage, the Acoustimass module dealt out deeps low notes. Lots of bumps as doors closed and monsters walked around! Even after a few hours listening at an elevate level, I experienced no fatigue watching the episodes.

I can only imagine what a SoundTouch 300 or SoundBar 700 with a pair of 700 bass modules would sound like!

My Cinemate 130 is 5 years old and still belts out really good sound. 

Thank you Bose.