cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr__Hoon
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Repair facilities near Virginia Beach,

Folks, I was using my L1B2 at a party this afternoon when a rogue lightning strike caused a power surge. Even though I had a surge strip, it appears the base is fried (the T1 still responds...I can see the lights pulse when I tap the mics). When. I turn it on with or without the T1 connected, I get a high frequency squeal within 5 seconds of turning the base on. So...With this in mind, where is the closest factory-authorized repair facility (FYI...I have a gig two Saturdays from today. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Re: Repair facilities near Virginia Beach,

Hello, Mr. Hoon.

I'm sorry your Model II Power Stand got damaged.  Please call Bose Support on Monday. They can help you get it repaired or get another one for you.

Be sure to tell them about your gig two Saturdays from now and ask them what your options are to have a working system by then.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

Bose Pro Community Admin

Mr__Hoon
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Thanks BPCA! I can't imagine gigging without my Bose.

Mr__Hoon
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

I was using my Bose L1B2 this past Saturday evening to play some MP3 files I have on a small laptop for a birthday party at a local condo clubhouse. As luck would have it, lightning struck nearby. Even though I had the laptop and the Bose unit plugged into a Prime 6-Outlet, 1000 Joule Surge Protector (which appears to be just fine), the power stand base unit apparently took the brunt of the surge. The laptop shut off, but it powered right back up. Also, the speaker array was spared (I turned the base off and then on and got a high frequency squeal), as was the T-1 (I turned it back on and plugged a mic into each channel and got the peak light to bounce from green to red by tapping).

After the initial shock – pun intended – I contacted Bose via the Bose Pro Community Forum. I was quickly instructed to call the 877 number at 9:00 a.m. on Monday. I did just that and was offered two options:

Option #1 = $250 + Parts/Labor. 4 to 6 week turnaround. 1-year warranty

Option #2 = $399 for an exchange. 10-day turnaround. 2-year warranty

NOTE: Add taxes (i.e. $23.94) and the total  cost for exchange = $422.94

Having a pending gig on the 24th, I opted for Option #2. By 10:30 a.m. on 8/13, I had my UPS label form Bose (no additional cost for shipping both ways); by 11:30 a.m. I had it checked in at the local UPS Store; by 5:30 p.m. I had verification that the exchange unit was on the way; and two days later at on 8/15, I had my new unit in hand!

I plugged everything up and – Ta Da – it worked! Way to go Bose. I was impressed with the speed, empathy, and overall experience I had in dealing with your service folks. Having been playing for 45 years, I can state that this was the BEST repair process I have ever dealt with. THANKS!