cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryM2
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2016

Connecting T1 Tonematch mixer to Bose S1 Pro

How do I connect my T1 Tonematch Engine to my new Bose S1 Pro?

12 REPLIES 12
ad46
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Re: Connecting T1 Tonematch mixer to Bose S1 Pro

Use a balanced cable from the T1 Auxiliary Out to either Channel 1 or Channel 2 of the S1 Pro.  Turn the Reverb and ToneMatch Switch to off positions and turn the Tone Control to Center.  You can then adjust volume on the S1 Pro by checking the light by the volume.  It should be green most of the time and can peak briefly.  Of course you also have the; Gain, Volume and Master Volume of the T1.  This works for me.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi LarryM2

We have an article for you.

S1 Pro with T1

Check it out and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

ST

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

ST:  The article doesn't specify with to use a TS or TRS cable from the T1 to the S1 Pro.  Which is preferable?

ad46
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Yes, both will work but whenever you can use a balanced (TRS) cable it is a better option.

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

ad46 posted:

Use a balanced cable from the T1 Auxiliary Out to either Channel 1 or Channel 2 of the S1 Pro.  Turn the Reverb and ToneMatch Switch to off positions and turn the Tone Control to Center.  You can then adjust volume on the S1 Pro by checking the light by the volume.  It should be green most of the time and can peak briefly.  Of course you also have the; Gain, Volume and Master Volume of the T1.  This works for me.

@ad46 What about the Master out? Can that be used to connect with the S1? Or is it only the Aux out that can be used?

ad46
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

It can.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DavidE2,

DavidE2 posted:

ST:  The article doesn't specify with to use a TS or TRS cable from the T1 to the S1 Pro.  Which is preferable?

Nice catch.

I've added the following note to the article.

Power for the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine

Please note: You will need a ToneMatch Power Supply to run the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine.

Cables

The T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Analog Outputs and the S1 Pro System 1/4 inch (6 mm) inputs are balanced.

For best results use a 1/4 inch (6 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable cable for a balanced connection. You can use a 1/4 inch (6 mm) Tip-Sleeve cable cable, but you will lose up to -6 dB in signal strength and you may pick up line noise.

ST

DavidE2
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2006

Perfect.  Thanks.   I’m getting a backup T1 at the reduced price.   Safe to assume they’re discontinued?

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DavidE2,

The T1 is no longer available on Bose.com in North America. It may be available in other markets.

The T1 is fully supported by Bose.

ST