cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_7
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Can the Compact connect to a T4S at all?

Hello everybody,

I‘m about to order my very first L1 Compact  (I‘m quite excited, of course!), and I already have an offer from my dealer for a bundle consisting of a Compact plus a T4S.

The idea is to use it at gigs of my fellow musician (guitar + vocals) and myself (digital piano + mic) in small venues (20 to 50 people), or even in living rooms, with just 4 or 5 guests.

However, after reading a bit about the T4S just now, I wonder if I can use/connect the T4S with a Compact at all? The ToneMatch outputs on the T4S can only be connected to the respective inputs available on the L1 Model II ane L1 Model 1S. Is there any way to connect the T4S to a Compact?

Many thanks for any advice!

Best wishes 

Tom

7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_K
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

Re: Can the Compact connect to a T4S at all?

Yeah, you just have to use the Right 1/4" balanced output (mono) to run to the compact 1/4" input (with Tonematch Off on the L1c), and then purchase the Tonematch Power Supply, which plugs into the Right Main (RJ45) output. If you buy a second L1c, you can plug the unused Left 1/4" balanced output into that one. We do this with our pair of L1c's using a Mackie mixer, as we already had it.

Jeff

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Tom posted:

Hello everybody,

Hi!

I‘m about to order my very first L1 Compact  (I‘m quite excited, of course!), and I already have an offer from my dealer for a bundle consisting of a Compact plus a T4S.

The idea is to use it at gigs of my fellow musician (guitar + vocals) and myself (digital piano + mic) in small venues (20 to 50 people), or even in living rooms, with just 4 or 5 guests.

Your L1 Compact should serve you well in all these settings.

However, after reading a bit about the T4S just now, I wonder if I can use/connect the T4S with a Compact at all? The ToneMatch outputs on the T4S can only be connected to the respective inputs available on the L1 Model II ane L1 Model 1S. Is there any way to connect the T4S to a Compact?

Absolutely. See this article T4S to L1 Compact

Many thanks for any advice!

Best wishes 

Tom

Does that help?

ST

Tom_7
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Many thanks to both ST and Jeff for your advice! I'm really relieved  and happy to hear that. Can't wait to get the Compact (and the T4S) to finally try it by myself after I have read so many positive user reviews! (By the way: last week I played at an Open Stage event. Expensive PA. I almost fainted on the stage, when I made the soundcheck. Felt like both my voice and piano were coming from another - unfriendly - galaxy; I just could not believe it. There's nothing better than good monitoring - and nothing worse than bad monitoring 🙂

Thanks again
Tom

Jeff_K
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

No problem, Tom. Just make sure your dealer includes the TS4 power adapter as it's an optional item.

We're very pleased with our L1 Compacts and greatly appreciate being able to hear what the audience is hearing, and from behind us so no need for floor monitors. I'm also a sound tech so am very "mix quality conscious" so appreciate being able to mix with confidence, as well as enjoying the simpler setup as well.

Our previous Yamaha EMX PA with their Club Series mains/monitors did sound great, but wow, a bear for my family's little acoustic trio to lug around and set up on stands. Our pair of L1c's, mixer and instruments (2x guitars, cajon/percussion, mics) now all fit in the cargo area and half the back seat of a Mazda CX-5. And it's a much smaller footprint when playing, which is important for playing in small clubs, restaurants and other similar venues. I think you'll be very happy with the system.

Jeff

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

@ST

Hi ST it may be just me but when I follow your Link T4S to L1 Compact I get the message below. You might want to take a look at it yourself.

Have a nice day,

Tony

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tony,

Thanks for spotting the problem with the link. It's working now.

T4S to L1 Compact

ST

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Hi ST,

pleasure as always.

Tony