Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmilleriii
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

House prewired and currently I Bose V35 wanting to upgrade

Currently my house was prewired and I have Bose V35 connected. Can I upgrade to Lifestyle 650 with minimum amount changing? Or what would I have to do since my back speakers that are mounted to the wall up high not near an outlet? 

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: House prewired and currently I Bose V35 wanting to upgrade

Wiring should be fine to leave as it is, but you may need to snip/join or use adapters at the end.

A couple of things to note:

• The bass unit is now wireless, so instead of the speaker wires going there, they go to the console.
    • Because of that you no longer need the Boselink cable from the console to the bass.
  • The LS650 is wireless rears out of the box.  So you would purchase the adapters separately to connect your rear speaker wires (you may also want another adapter for the from speakers, but they may be easy enough to pull through).
  • Because they are different speakers they have different mounts.  If you get the 600 you can use the same mounts, but just purchase a conversion plate for each mount (but the 650 sounds better 🙂 )
  • The center speaker wire is different, so you will need to pull that one through replacing your old one.

rmilleriii
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

I think my problem is connecting the current speaker wire to the new console. My current speaker wires are going to the bass module then the BoseLink cable is running into a closet to the head unit. How would I get my speaker wires from where the bass module currently is to where the console will be located? Please if there are any adapters what are they called and/or model number please? My house was actually wired for the V35 during the building of the house. Is there anyone that specialize in Bose installs? It might be better to get it professional installed.  

JVRX
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Just did this man. Surprising how poor the support has been. Short, yes you can. You need to purchase the in-wall adapter they sell. 1. The ends with the custom Bose ports for the v35 need to be snipped and stripped so they can be fed directly into the speaker ports for the new 650 speakers L, R, SR and SR. 2. Center channel is a little tricky since the v35 only uses one set of speaker wire, the center for the 650 actually has three channels so you will need to buy 14-18 gauge speaker wire and run two additional cables from your new center speaker to the back of the plate in the wall adapter. 3. The kit comes with a wall adapter that basically acts as the point where all 7 sets of speaker cables connect, this plate is mounted in the wall. Once speaker cables attached and wall plate mounted, there is a thick white cable that plugs into the exterior face of the adapter and plugs into the unit.

All in all it was possible but very involved and most of it was done out of intuition vs. Bose support. I got an electrician to do the wiring for me but everything works.