Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg@home
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2020

Adding rear and centre speakers to Lifestyle 235

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum, however would appreciate any advice if possible please - 

Recently purchased a former display model Lifestyle 235 from large retailer in Australia - salespersons advised that I could add additional rear speakers and sold me also 161 speakers for rear.  Now I have unboxed and looked to set up - I cannot find any information as to how to add the rear speakers to the control console - Ideally I wanted to add the rear speakers and possibly a centre speaker - any advice or insight would be appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

Country - Australia 

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Adding rear and centre speakers to Lifestyle 235

No you can't add other speakers.  This is designed as a 2.1 system, but will provide some surround sound through reflected sound.  It does not have any other outputs or way to connect other speakers. 

To be honest it's surprising that you would find a display model being sold as this was discontinued a number of years ago in Australia(probably around 4+ years).  So 1. the salesperson didn't know what they were doing and 2. sold you speakers that will not connect.  Depending on whether your Lifestyle is a SoundTouch Lifestyle, the 161s will connect to a SA4/SA5 amplifier to connect and stream wirelessly in another room, or to a SA3 amplifier to connect with wires in another room.