Bose QC Earbuds - a leap to the past?
I am a very heavy user of headsets at work. I currenty use my Apple Airpods Pro, but I am not so happy with their durability. I've owned the QC-15 and still own the QC-35s. I also have some fancy Cisco 700 noise cancelling headsets.
So, I was very excited when I saw the QC earbuds were released - it only took them just 20 mins to make me
not like despise them.
There are several reasons, some of which have already seen listed in this forum. But, I'd like to rant for a bit before I return them to Amazon (right away).
- the fact that you need to create an account to simply configure your head set - outrageous
- the fact that you need to get into the app to switch between devices (no, disabling bluetooth is not an option when you use multiple BT devices apart from the earbuds). The responses to that thread from Bose's representatives are unacceptable.
- the fact that softly tapping on the earbuds is painful (you are increasing pressure towards your inner ear, since the earbud sealing is very good)
- transparency mode is noisy, very noisy. Uncomfortable.
- the fact that the charging case is huge.
Apple's Airpods Pro win the race. Bye bye Bose, you lost me as a customer (I will keep my QC35s and cabled sports earbuds, nothing else from you guys).