BRASIL

Firmware Version

I DONT KNOW

App Version

I DONT KNOW

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

ANNY RADIO TRANSMISSOR.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

WHEN I AM FLYING IN MY ULTRALIGTH PETREL, AND IF I MAKE A FONE CALL, I CAN TALK AND HEAR PERFECTLY, AND PEOPLE IN THE OTHER SIDE HEARD ME PERFECTLY. BUT WHEN I TALK IN THE RADIO (I HAVE CHANGED VARIOS RADIOS) IT CATCHES THE SOUND IN THE CABIN, ANDA ANYBODY COULD UNDERSTAND ME. IF THE TRANSMISSION IN THE RADIO IS WITH TEH SAME MIGROFONE, WHY THIS HAPPEND? WHAT I HAVE TO DO, TO MAKE MY VOICE APEAR CLEAR TO HOM LISTEM TO ME, IN THE SAME WHAY THEY HEAR ME IN THE TELEPHONE? I TANK-YOU VERY MUCH IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME ON THIS.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

ONLY INSIDE THE PLANE WITH THE ENGINE ON, IF THE ENGINE IS OFF, THEY HEARD ME PERFECTLY 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

NO IT WAS ALLWAYS AS TODAY

Any troubleshooting steps you took

NO ONE THAT I KNOW

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: AMBIENTAL NOISE DURING TRANSMISSION IN RADIO

Hello Ovidio, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your A20 Headset, I would love to help you to resolve this. At the moment, I would like to pinpoint the issue you are having as I am a little unsure of the specific problem. Could you please explain what is happening with your microphone in a little more detail for me? also, just to confirm, does this happen with all aircraft's, as I know you have said you have tried multiple radios?

I look forward to your reply 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ovidio
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2021

Thank you very much in trying help-me. I aplogise if I could not explain very whell do to my pour english, baut basicaly is that qhem i am flying my Petrel Ultralight and I make a phone call, the person to hom i phoned heard me very whell. Batt when i talk in the radio, people heard only the noise of my engine, not the canceling noise look it is working. I tried diferents radios but in the same plane, and it ocurs the same way. It looks like that my voice, when transmiting in the radio is not on the canceling noise. This hapens even if i plug directly the A-20 in the hand talk radio. 

I wish i could have explained a litle better. 

Since now thank you very much.

Best regards Ovidio

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying the issue there Ovidio! 

Let's see what we can do for you. I do think we can try some troubleshooting steps to fix this. 

Do you have any non-Bose adapter cables being used between the headset and the radio connection? 

I would also recommend that you also adjust the squelch setting on the audio panel to match the headset mic level. Open or close the squelch setting while speaking into the mic until the mic signal is clear and consistent. Some audio panels have an Auto-Squelch (VOX) feature which can still be manually adjusted using squelch controls.

Have you also made any changes or adjustments in the aircraft? 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!