Steps to pair NC 700 headphones with Windows 10
Following are the instructions for what I just did to get my Windows 10 machine to be able to communicate with my Bose NC 700 headphones.
1) Fully charged my headphone battery
2) Installed Bose Music App on my android phone
3) Followed the instructions to pair the headset with my phone
4) Tested music playing with Pandora. All good so far
5) Music App showed there was an update to install. I assume this installed an update to my actual headset, as it required the headset to reboot after the lengthy (10+ minutes) of installing.
While installing the update, I turned on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 machine:
1) Press the Windows key, type BLUETOOTH and pick "Bluetooth and other device settings".
2) Set Bluetooth to be ON. Leave this screen up, as you will need it again
Install of the update was complete. Tested my headphones still worked using Pandora on my phone. Good!
In the Music App on your phone, on the "My Bose" screen, it shows the headset is "Connected >".
1) Click the box where it says "Connected >" to get to the "Bose NC 700 Headphones" screen.
2) Click the Bluetooth symbol that says "Source". The next screen will show your paired devices.
3) Click the "Connect New" button. Headphones will speak, saying that the headphones are ready to connect to another device.
On the Windows 10 machine, in the same window where you turned on Bluetooth:
1) Click the ADD BLUETOOTH OR OTHER DEVICE button. During discovery, it will find your headset twice.
2) Pick the headset that does not have "LE-".
Done! Tested audio and microphone with several applications. All are working.
I did notice that after a while of non-use via my Windows 10 machine, the bluetooth connection in the Music App disconnected itself from my Windows 10 machine. I had to go back into the headset's sources and turn it back on.
Hope this helps!