Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john926
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Sleepbuds, QuietComfort Earbuds

I have a few questions about some products:

1) Can the new Quietcomfort Earbuds be used separately (just the left AND just the right)?

2)Are the new Quietcomfort Earbuds and Sleepbuds 2 available in shops in London to look at, try on?

3)When (at least approximately) will the 2 products mentioned above be on sale in US/UK?

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Sleepbuds, QuietComfort Earbuds

Hey john926, 

It's so exciting to hear you are interested in our new headphones. To answer your questions: 

1) Can the new Quietcomfort Earbuds be used separately (just the left AND just the right)?

The new QuietComfort Earbuds do not have the ability to both be used separately, only the right earbud can permanently be used individually. If you really wanted to use only the left earbud, this can be achieved on a temporary basis. To do this, you will need to ensure that the right earbud remains active, due to the primary/secondary relationship that the earbuds have. The right earbud and device will also need to remain in range. Ways to so this include, keep the charging case lid open or leaving the right bud out of the case altogether. The reason this is on a temporary basis is that the right earbud will enter standby mode after 20 minutes of inactivity and therefore the signal path to the left earbud will shut off. Another thing to note is that the microphone for calls is found only in the right earbud.

2)Are the new Quietcomfort Earbuds and Sleepbuds 2 available in shops in London to look at, try on? 

This will be dependant on the COVID situation at the time. Head into one of our stores or our partner stores to check them out. Or alternatively, you can take advantage of our 90 day returns guarantee when purchased directly through our website. Satisfaction is guaranteed on all Bose products purchased by consumers directly from Bose. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 90-day* trial period for a full refund.

3)When (at least approximately) will the 2 products mentioned above be on sale in US/UK?

Both are available in the US and UK for preorder now. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
john926
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

I still have a question remaining about the use of the new quietcomfort earbuds separately. What I meant by my question is: can the left earbud be used (connected, audio heard), when the right one is sitting in the case? And can the right earbud be used, when the left is in the case? I'm asking this because some earbuds of other companies use the right earbud as the "main" earbud, so the left one receives audio from the right, not the phone.

Sam_F

Hey @john926,

You're correct in that the QuietComfort Earbuds work in a primary/secondary relatiomship, where the right bud is the primary earbud. As detailed above, the case will have to remain open and the right bud will still need to be in range of the left bud. I hope this makes sense!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!