Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theodore A
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Qc35 II - unacceptable crackling Problems

Have a brand new pair of qc35 II. 

At 100% charge - they will crackle and pop like CRAZY on takeoff and landing. Searching forum revealed bose reps saying this is "expected behavior". Which is a completely unacceptable response on headphones that are designed for air travel and cost 350$. My significantly cheaper airpod pro's have none of that behavior (i experimented with both on same flights and would switch back and forth quickly). 

Bose you MUST address this or you will loose out to other companies quickly. And responding "this is acceptable behavior" is a joke and will only accelerate folks jumping to other solutions that agree that this is completely unacceptable. 

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Qc35 II - unacceptable crackling Problems

Hello Theodore A,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing some performance issues with your QC35 II's during take-off and landing on your flight. 

This crackling is most likely due to surrounding environmental factors as this only happens during high cabin pressure periods. The Apple Airpod Pro's do not feature the exact same technology, therefore, I cannot speak for them. 

Have you tested this on more than one flight? 

Do you have the headphones connected to your own device or to the in-flight entertainment system? 

Are you using a wired connection or Bluetooth?

I would recommend that you ensure your headphones are running the latest available firmware by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Theodore A
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

1) Yes I have tested this on several flights. 

2) Did both bluetooth music from my device/iphone... and no music at all... both had horrible crackling.

3) Yes have latest firmware.

It is COMPLETELY unacceptable for such a high-end and expensive headset that is marketed to airplane travelers to not be able to handle landing and takeoff. When less expensive headsets like the apple airpod pro's handle it EASILY

Vicky_W

Hello Theodore A, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As you are also unable to get any music from your device at this time, I believe there may be a fault with your headphones. The best route here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Theodore A
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

The music does play. But there is loud crackling during take off and landing. Turning headphones off and on again stops it. I just explained that this crackling happens both with music playing. And also without music playing.