Bose Music App Update – June 8th 2021
UPDATE- June 18th
Removed a feature regarding an improvement made to connect Google Assistant, which did not go out in this release. We are working to add this improvement in at a later date.
On June 8th 2021, a new Bose Music App update will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until Thursday, June 10th depending on your platform and region.
Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out. You may need to restart your device to update an app. If you have any difficulty, see here.
iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. If you have any difficulty, see here. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.
- iOS: 4.5.4
- Android: 4.5.4
- Connecting accessory speakers to your soundbar? We made the instructions more clear and simple.
- We added the ability to manage your marketing communications from Bose. See the article here.
- Fixed an issue where the app crashed upon initial setup of a new smart speaker before the Voice Assistant (VPA) setup screen.
- Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.
- Resolved an issue where you would be taken back to the main settings screen after attempting to add an accessory speaker and the app can’t find it.
Compatible OS versions
- Android: 7.0 and up
- iOS: 12 and up
Let us know what you think of the update below!