Bose Community Forums Announcement
Just want to provide an update regarding the move to the Bose Community Forums.
On Saturday, June 20th account registrations for the Pro Audio Community will be turned off. You will still be able to view and post on the community, but any new posts on or after this date will not come over in the move to the Bose Community.
We are targeting the Pro Audio Community to be available on the Bose Community before Wednesday, June 24th. You will see the Professional category on community.bose.com once it is available. There may be some time where the board will be available on the Bose community before the Pro Audio Community redirects correctly.
Here are a few other details regarding the move you should be aware of:
- Profile pictures will not come over. You can update your profile picture after the move on the Bose Community by clicking ‘My profile’ and the pencil icon over your avatar on that page.
- Most links in posts should work, but any links that pointed to a forum board will not.
- As above, some bookmarked sites may also not work after the migration.
- Private messages will not come over.
I’m very excited to announce that the Pro Audio Community will be moving over to the Bose Community Forums!
We are targeting the move for early to mid-June. Until that point you will be able to register and post as normal. Then, we will let you know on what date account registrations will be turned off. You will still be able to view and post on the Pro Audio Community, but any new posts after that date will not come over to the Bose Community. Once the move has completed, the Pro Audio Community url will redirect to the Bose Community forum at community.bose.com. A new Pro Category will be added with the Professional Installed board underneath.
We will update you with more specific dates on when you can expect new posts to not migrate to the Bose Community once we have them. In the meantime, here are some answers to questions we expect you might have about what these changes will mean for you.
- Q: Will I lose my account?
- A: No. All users accounts will be migrated, meaning you will already have a Bose Community account and can login with your existing username and password.
- Q: What if someone has my username on the new forums?
- A: Some users will have their username already taken on the new forum. In cases where there is a naming conflict, your Pro Audio Community posts will be given a placeholder name. Then, when you log into the Bose Community, you will choose a new, available username and your posts will be updated to reflect your new username.
- Q: Will I lose my posts?
- A: No. Most of the existing community threads will be ported over with images and any embedded videos. Here is a list of items that will change with posts:
- Thumbs up and hearts will be converted to likes. Other reactions will not come over.
- View counts will be reset.
- Tags will come over as labels that will be updated or removed.
- Non-image attachments will not come over.
- Q: I like the existing forums. Why are you choosing to move them?
- A: We like them too, but by migrating this community over to the Bose Community forum, we believe we can provide you with a more streamlined Bose experience. Our new forums will offer:
- Easy access to more Bose content and peers.
- An improved mobile experience.
- News and Announcements for all Bose products.
- The ability to see and find threads with accepted solutions or without an answer.
- Better recognition among your peers with Badges and Ranks.
- The ability to quickly see Bose moderator posts.
- And more!
- Q: My post was not in English. Will it be moved?
- A: No. As we will only be supporting the Pro Audio Community in English on the Bose Community, any non-English posts will not be coming over.
We want to thank all our community members who have joined us here over the years. You have helped to make this community an enjoyable place to discuss Bose products and so much more. We have loved reading and interacting with your posts here and hope that you will join us on the Bose Community Forums!
For those interested, here are some helpful links to getting started with our Bose Community Forum.
- Community Guidelines- https://community.bose.com/t5/...lines/m-p/240844#M28
- How to use the Bose Community- https://community.bose.com/t5/...unity/m-p/267004#M29
- Forum Feedback board- https://community.bose.com/t5/...edback/bd-p/feedback