cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGTBOSE001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

S1 , Blue tooth and Garagebsnd - throughput delay ......

i decided to try the following -

s1 connected via cables to MacBook Pro 2016 , guitars/mics connected via cables to Alesis  4 track anslogue to usb:midi into GarageBand ...this makes the GB effects for voice and guitar available together Kyle ( the drummer ) ..... works well. Super sound stage.

THE PROBLEM - as a next step I decided to connect the Mac to s1 via Bluetooth .... I now have a short delay ...between pluck/strum and s1 sound emission - so live performance is impossible .... any thoughts on how to fix this ? 

The switch to Bluetooth is the only change I make - same effects instrument everything..... is there a way to fix ? Ie speed up Bluetooth ..?

To have this wireless set up would be amazing  

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 , Blue tooth and Garagebsnd - throughput delay ......

Hi MGT,

Bluetooth isn't fast enough for what you want to do.

There's always some latency when you use Bluetooth. It's not an issue when you are just playing pre-recorded music. It becomes more apparent when watching video, and it's impossible to ignore as a live performer.  There are high-speed Bluetooth protocols, but the best of those still introduce at around 40 milliseconds of latency. That's too slow for live music monitoring. 

Stick to the hard-wired solution.  I'm sorry not to have better news.

ST

MGTBOSE001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

I suspected as much - but wanted to throw it out there to check.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

Cables it is. 

wyattd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

For info

As far as I know the Bluetooth wireless latency is higher than that used by Wi-fi they are two different systems. So you may still be able to do what you want to do via using a Wi-fi  Transmitter / Receiver pair.

David

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi MGT,

David Wyatt is right, there are other wireless technologies with lower latency than Bluetooth.  If you're interested in pursuing that, most of those solutions go from a couple of hundred dollars to how-much-have-you-got. You'll need both transmitter and receiver.

This will get you started:

Wireless Guitar Systems

Some operate in the 2.4 GHz range like Wi-Fi, and there are others that operate in different ranges.  

ST