cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Takefive
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Phantom power

i have a Shure GLXD4 wireless mic for my saxophone and the Shure manual says to use phantom power.  How do I set phantom power to only one input or is that not necessary.  In addition, i have tried the mic with phantom on and off and really can’t find a difference.  What should I gain from the phantom power option.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Takefive

5 REPLIES 5
wyattd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

Re: Phantom power

If you are using that with the Shure wireless body pack that give the mic the 5v Phantom power it needs.  If using it wired direct you will need the Shure adapter to covert phantom power from the wired source to the voltage the mic needs. I guess from your comments you are using the body pack else the mic won’t work.  

David

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I'm looking at the manual for the Shure GLXD4 receiver and it says it has Phantom Power PROTECTION -- that means that if you plug it into a channel that has phantom power turned on there will be no damage to the GLXD4 receiver.  It does not mean that phantom power is required for operation.

Takefive
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

My manual says that phantom power should be used, if I am reading it correctly..   

takefive

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

As David already said, the MICROPHONE requires phantom power that's apparently provided by the transmitter pack.

I was looking at the manual for the RECEIVER that is plugged into the input channel of the PA system.  No phantom needed but phantom won't hurt the receiver if it's on.

Takefive
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Okay guys, i get it now,  thanks for taking the time to assist.

cheers,

Takefive