cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chorista
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Connection Ports from T4S To Boss AD-10 Acoustic Pre-amp FX Pedal.

Hi just a brief request following an interesting read of the recent post by Bose member Speedy re T5 Preset.

Can anyone advise please re out/ins for both units as above?

Thanks.

Ron.

3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Connection Ports from T4S To Boss AD-10 Acoustic Pre-amp FX Pedal.

Hi Ronnie,

What Bose products are you connecting to the T4S output(s). Basically - are you running your T4S stereo or mono?

Here's a picture of the inputs/outputs of the Boss AD-10

link to the owners manual: https://static.roland.com/asse...df/AD-10_eng03_W.pdf

If you're planning to run one channel or two channels with one output, connect the R/Mono output to one of the T4S input channels. If you are managing volume and effects on the Boss AD-10, you can the T4S Aux input, channel 5.

If you're planning to run two channels with separate outputs, connect the R/Mono and L/Phones outputs to two of the T4S input channels. If you are managing volume and effects on the Boss AD-10, you can the T4S Aux inputs, channels 5 and 6.

OR

If you're planning to run one channel (e.g Right), connect the R XLR OUT to one of the T4S input channels.

If you're planning to run two channels with separate outputs, connect the R XLR OUT and L XLR OUT to two of the T4S input channels.

That should get you started.

ST

Chorista
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Hi ST.

Thanks for your prompt and useful reply, I'm looking forward to setting things up now.

In your reply post, you asked what Bose products I am using with my T4S ?

I have an L1 Compact Line Array PA & a Bose S1 Portable Battery PA.

Does this in any way modify the  connection specs you kindly gave me above.?

PS. How would I run any of this in Stereo? do I actually need another Bose unit/s.

Thanks again.

Ronnie.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ronnie,

Ronnie posted:

Hi ST.

Thanks for your prompt and useful reply, I'm looking forward to setting things up now.

Happy to help.

In your reply post, you asked what Bose products I am using with my T4S ?

I have an L1 Compact Line Array PA & a Bose S1 Portable Battery PA.

Does this in any way modify the  connection specs you kindly gave me above.?

Thanks for the information.  No, this doesn't modify anything I said above.

I was curious if you were running out to one or two Bose loudspeakers.

PS. How would I run any of this in Stereo?

You can take the notes I gave you above:

To run two channels with separate outputs, connect the R/Mono and L/Phones outputs to two of the T4S input channels. If you are managing volume and effects on the Boss AD-10, you can use the T4S Aux inputs, channels 5 and 6.

If your cables are greater then 10 feet long,  use the XLR connections.

do I actually need another Bose unit/s.

Traditionally, stereo meant using two identical loudspeakers. In this case, you'd have two L1 Compacts or two S1 Pro systems

BUT

If you're only using one guitar, then it's not critical that you have a matched pair.  For that matter, if you're using two guitars and you want to send one to LEFT and one to RIGHT - it's still not critical. 

Just experiment and listen. Please come back and tell us what you hear.

ST