cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon Patrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

Choosing a sub for the S1

Thinking of possibly buying a sub for my S1.  What are the minimum specs/power on a sub that would be well matched to the S1?  Are there any specific subs that would be recommended for the S1? I am not in need of a lot of low end but would like to experiment with a sub to see how it affects my overall sound. Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: Choosing a sub for the S1

I don’t have any experience with sub woofers (I’m a magician) but I’ve been tempted to try this one with my S1 Pro: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto...ch-powered-subwoofer

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Interesting.  I've found that I have to roll of the bass on my 2 S1s for most rooms...

Maybe a 2nd S1 instead of a sub?

Simon Patrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

Michael M posted:

I don’t have any experience with sub woofers (I’m a magician) but I’ve been tempted to try this one with my S1 Pro: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto...ch-powered-subwoofer

Thanks Michael!  That sub looks like it would match the S1 very nicely. Impressive reviews.  

Simon Patrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

Chet 3 posted:

Interesting.  I've found that I have to roll of the bass on my 2 S1s for most rooms...

Yes a second S1 worked well also. Just thinking a bit more low end clear punch might lend itself well.  Maybe not.  Maybe I will rent a small sub and experiment a bit.  Thanks Chet!

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Simon Patrick,

Check out this discussion.

S1 Pros as Front of House with F1 Subwoofer

Cheers,

ST

Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Simon Patrick posted:
Chet 3 posted:

Yes a second S1 worked well also. Just thinking a bit more low end clear punch might lend itself well.  Maybe not.  Maybe I will rent a small sub and experiment a bit.  Thanks Chet!

Please post your results if you try it out.

Simon Patrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

Michael M posted:
Simon Patrick posted:
Chet 3 posted:

Please post your results if you try it out.

Will do!

Simon Patrick
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 9, 2018

ST posted:

Hi Simon Patrick,

Check out this discussion.

S1 Pros as Front of House with F1 Subwoofer

Cheers,

ST

Wow!  Thanks ST.  Lots of gold nuggets in this thread.  

DJ_Erv
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

I use an EV ZXA1 12" Sub with my L1 Compacts for small events. I have a pair of S1's coming in next week. When they come in I'll test it out with the sub. It might actually be better with the S1s because I should be able to roll off the bass from the S1s rather than have to add a crossover.