cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duke1
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Adding TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2

Hello,

I was thinking of getting the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 to add effects to the vocal since L1 Compact does not have any reverb.  My question is do I feed the signal coming ouf the TC Helicon to the Mic input of L1 Compact or Line input?

If I feed it through Line input, I don't have control of Bass or Treble.

So, should I or can I feed it through Mic input on the L1 Compact?

Also, TC Helicon Mechanic 2 has a Tone button which performs some Eq'euing, can I use that feature or do I have to leave it off if I want to run the signal to Mic input on L1 Compact?

And lastly, has anyone use the TC Helicon Mechanic 2 for vocal with L1 Compact?  Does it sound good?  Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Adding TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2

Hi Duke,

duke posted:

Hello,

I was thinking of getting the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 to add effects to the vocal since L1 Compact does not have any reverb.  My question is do I feed the signal coming ouf the TC Helicon to the Mic input of L1 Compact or Line input?

If I feed it through Line input, I don't have control of Bass or Treble.

So, should I or can I feed it through Mic input on the L1 Compact?

I would try the L1 Compact Channel one.

Also, TC Helicon Mechanic 2 has a Tone button which performs some Eq'euing, can I use that feature or do I have to leave it off if I want to run the signal to Mic input on L1 Compact?

We have an article about using the

TC-Helicon Mic Mechanic with the L1 Compact

The principles should still apply although I can't tell from the online documentation for the Mic Mechanic 2, if you still have the "Less Bright" option for the Tone feature. 

And lastly, has anyone use the TC Helicon Mechanic 2 for vocal with L1 Compact?  Does it sound good? 

I have used the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic (not the 2). I found it worked fine either way

• Connected to L1 Compact channel one with the Tone feature off or set to less bright
  • Connected to L1 Compact channel two
    • with the L1 Compact ToneMatch switch set to line level (down)
    • TC Helicon Tone feature on.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

Does that help?
ST

duke1
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

ST, you are always so quick in responding and so knowledgeable. 

Thank you so much.

I hope to hear more from others as well.

wyattd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

I use with S1 Pro.   But the Tone match on S1 Pro and tone button on Mic Mechanic attempt the same auto adjust in areas such as EQ so I turn off the Tonematch on the Bose as it seems to give the best balance for me.

David

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I'm working with a slightly pitch challenged singer right now -- this may be the perfect solution.

Thanks!

Marty C
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2012

David Wyatt posted:

I use with S1 Pro.   But the Tone match on S1 Pro and tone button on Mic Mechanic attempt the same auto adjust in areas such as EQ so I turn off the Tonematch on the Bose as it seems to give the best balance for me.

David

Same for me.