cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice

On February 24, 2022 Bose will be closing the Online Community Forum. We would like to thank all those who participated by sharing their experiences and love of Bose products. Online support for Portable PA products is still available by visiting Bose Support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EssEll
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2011

AAARGH! Can't find a 35mm pole-mount adapter!

I'm amazed (or maybe blind) but I cannot find a 35mm speaker-pole adapter that I can use to put my S1 on top of an existing 38mm speaker stand I have (from my Fishman SA220, to be exact). What have you all done to put your S1 on a pole mount??? Thanks...

11 REPLIES 11
DannyGsKaraoke
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Re: AAARGH! Can't find a 35mm pole-mount adapter!

Have you considered a regular speaker stand? Most have the adapters built in. I know my Ultimates do.
ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

A lot of stands have different diameters on either end of the internal pole...

Alas, the SA220 stand may not (although I don't think I've ever looked).  Fishman used a larger, unusual dimension for their stand...

Michael M
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

My larger stands have different sizes on the ends of the center pole so I just have to reverse the pole. I, also, bought a smaller Samson stand for use in tight quarters and it is 35mm. 

EssEll
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2011

DannyGsKaraoke posted:
Have you considered a regular speaker stand? Most have the adapters built in. I know my Ultimates do.

Well, of course, Danny -- that's the point of my question. An adapter would make a whole lot more sense than having to buy an entirely new speaker stand. That may well be the route I have to go, though...

EssEll
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2011

Chet 3 posted:

A lot of stands have different diameters on either end of the internal pole...

Alas, the SA220 stand may not (although I don't think I've ever looked).  Fishman used a larger, unusual dimension for their stand...

I'll check that, Chet, but I'm not optimistic! I just have to think that somewhere on Planet Earth, someone makes an adapter. Sheeesh -- I'll make one myself if I have to!

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I don't mean to make things difficult but I like the S1s EQ profile better (for MY act) when it's tilted back on the floor than when it's on a stand...  😉

Good luck, my friend...

EssEll
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2011

Chet 3 posted:

I don't mean to make things difficult but I like the S1s EQ profile better (for MY act) when it's tilted back on the floor than when it's on a stand...  😉

Good luck, my friend...

That's not making things difficult -- I appreciate the input. I'm actually still in the process of assessing how to use it, and was already very much considering the way you describe (solo guitar and vocals, I'm guessing?). I just wanted to know how I'd go about getting it on a stand if I needed to (easily and affordably). Thanks for the insight...

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I usually use my 2- S1s with two vocals, two guitars (electric and 2nd one either electric or acoustic)...one on either side of us...

wyattd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

How about this.

Hercules SS100B EZ Speaker Stand Adaptor EB 113

The top part will expand and fit both 35mm and 38mm hi hats.

The pole end has a screw fitting and appears to fit both 35 and 38 poles (You would be advised to check that with Hercules).

A possible problem however is the micro switch in the S1 Pro which is in its high hat may need a clean round fitting so it doesn’t get damaged as mentioned in the Bose literature.

However given a straight 35mm stand can be bought for around £15 to £20 there may be little cost advantage.

David