cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

can I keep my Soundlink Mini II Special Edition on a charger all the time using a 5V 2a charger?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: can I keep my Soundlink Mini II Special Edition on a charger all the time using a 5V 2a charger?

Hey @RickyRick,

It's not recommended to keep your speaker on charge constantly, as this could have an effect on the battery. The best recommendation is to just use the charging cable when the speaker requires it and to take it off charge once it has reached 100% battery.

Are you not using the provided cable that came with the speaker for charging? The specification of the SoundLink Mini II states input power should be 5 V, 1.6 A. Therefore, I would not advise using the 2A charger.

RickyRick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Re: can I keep my Soundlink Mini II Special Edition on a charger all the time using a 5V 2a charger?

Yes, I now understand that I should be using a 5v 1.6a charger. I ordered an original Bose wall charger online today.

I have read several reviews on this community where people do leave the charger attached 24x7, and have been doing this for quite some time.  Some of these people have mentioned that they will occasionally unplug the charger and let the battery drain. I know the speaker does have an internal mechanism to keep from overcharging. I'm not too worried about the battery life if that's the concern as I do not use it as a portable speaker, mine is used in a stationary location. So as long as keeping it attached 24x7, will not damage the speaker I'm willing to take my chances. So, will it potentially damage the speaker or is it just a battery life span issue? Thank you very much for your answers! Rick