Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce fisher
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2016

Updating/compatibility of SoundDock 10 with IOS system update 11.2.1

Bose has been my sound company of choice for many years.  I am also an Apple user and enjoyed the compatibility of my IPad and IPhone 6 with all of my Bose products via Bluetooth technology.  Recently upgraded to an I Phone X and to my chagrin found that my SoundDock10 will not sync via bluetooth with my new phone.  My initial inquiries to tech support ended up with them recommending a $135 bluetooth Bose accessory to deal with the issue.  I still can't get a straight answer about this problem after multiple inquiries.  Will Bose create the software update (and when) to enable their older products to be compatible with the latest Apple IOS system update OR am I being forced to choose between staying with Bose for $135 or purchasing another speaker system, such as Sonos which I can buy on Amazon for $145 (will all its advanced features vs. the older SoundDock 10).  Seems to me that Bose is missing the whole point of brand loyalty and if there is truly a technical issue here why not develop a trade-in program or special purchase option for customers like myself.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 REPLIES 18
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Updating/compatibility of SoundDock 10 with IOS system update 11.2.1

Hi bruce,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Your SoundDock 10 currently has the Bluetooth attachment in the front of the system, correct?

What happens when you attempt to pair your new iPhone to the system?  Do you get any sort of error message on the device?

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

bruce fisher
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2016

Dear Brandon,

Yes, I have the Bluetooth in front of the system in place of the I Pod attachment.  Must be doing someing wrong as I have not been able to sync my SoundDock 10 with my I Phone X.  What should I do next?  Am concerned as I am NOT updating my I Pad so I can keep listening to my music on the Bose device.

Bruce

bruce fisher
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2016

Dear Brandon,

Tried to connect the new phone and the SoundDock 10 once again.  The Bluetooth on the phone is not reading the SoundDock 10 at all.  I am not getting any prompt to connect the devices.  By the way, I had no trouble connecting the Bose Color II Sound Link speaker to the phone which is located in my country home.  Maybe I need a new Bluetooth device for the SoundDock 10 that I can click in?  Please let me know.

Thanks---Bruce

bruce fisher
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2016

Hi Brandon,

See copy of Apple's current posture concerning the latest virus threats:

Apple said Thursday that it had already issued fixes for Meltdown for its various operating systems, and added that it plans to release similar fixes in its Safari browser "to help defend against Spectre" in the coming days.

I must update my IOS software for both the I Phone X and my I Pad.  Need a straight answer from Bose concerning the SoundDock 10 compatibility issue.  Do I have a software problem OR hardware issue with my Bluetooth connection?  I have $500 invested in my SoundDock and feel that Bose should not only tell end users the truth but also offer a reasonable solution since IOS systems are so popular.  Can't believe I am the only customer with this problem.

Thanks for your help.  Look forward to your feedback. 

Bruce Fisher

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for providing us all of the details. I am going to escalate this to engineering for you to get clarification on what is happening. If there is any additional information needed from engineering, we will reach out to you.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support​​​​​​​

Bobsat
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Bruce,

I also have an iPhone X and a Bose SoundDock 10. I recall when I first bought the iPhone X it took me 2-or-3 tries to get the Bluetooth connection "paired" between the phone and the SoundDock, but it has held steady ever since (this was last November). Whenever I want to use the SoundDock, I press the button with the iPod/iPhone picture on the SoundDock's remote and music is playing within 2 seconds. On your iPhone you can go to "Settings", "Bluetooth" and actually see the Bose SoundDock status change from "Not Connected" to "Connected" when you press the remote's iPod/iPhone button. My iPhone X is currently running iOS 11.2.6.

Hope this helps you.

Bob

d.fellowes@bigond.com
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2018

Your not alone.

I have a samsung 7 which will not connect.

When scanning to pair, the bose isnt even recognized by the phone.

Tech support - is this the same issue?

Is there a solution - your help appreciated

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there d.fellowes,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Bluetooth.

What is the Bluetooth LED doing on the dock adapter?  Is it blinking or solid?

Does the Bose system show up on your phone's bluetooth menu under previously connected devices?  It may be at the bottom of the screen.

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

d.fellowes@bigond.com
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2018

Thanks for the response. 

Yes the module blinks but it does not show up on the Bluetooth menu of devices found. 

I have another bose Bluetooth device which does show up in the phones device list.

Hope this helps

Dave