Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earth2eggs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2021

Sirius SM Issue

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

A20 Aviation Headset

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
A20 Headsets ranging from 2 to 6 years old.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

We have SiriusXM satellite radio in our general aviation plane and are unable to hear the radio feed while using our A20 headsets.  We are able to hear the feed clearly while using other competitive headsets as Lightspeed.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

While flying which, for us, is below 10,000 ft.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It worked correctly previously but we’ve had this issue for the past few months.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Pushed all the buttons, changed settings, plugged/unplugged, new batteries, etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Re: Sirius SM Issue

Hello Earth2eggs, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue when trying to listen to Sirius XM on your A20 headphones. Just to confirm, have you tested this with multiple A20's? Or is it just the one headset you have? Also, does this happen when trying with another aircraft and your A20's at all?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Earth2eggs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  We have tried it with 3 different A20 headsets and all don’t work for Sirius XM radio while the competitive headsets work on our 2004 Cessna Skylane 182.  I also have a 2018 Cessna Stationair 206 and the same A20 headsets work fine for XM radio.  It’s confusing.

Jessie_O

This is very strange behavior and isn't something we have seen. 

To confirm, is the SiriusXM coming from your aircraft's internal system or from a separate device such as a phone? This will help us to determine which settings you need and further advice we can give. 

Do you notice any other issues with other sources? This will help us determine if there is a specific issue. 

I look forward to your response.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Earth2eggs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  I can confirm that the SiriusXM is coming from my aircraft’s internal system and not an external device.  I agree that it’s confusing.  I’ll be attending AirVenture at Oshkosh next week and intend to stop by the Bose and SiriusXM booths to discuss but please continue to help sort through options.