Bose QC35 II high pitch distortion in phone calls/audio conferences
I am writing this to hopefully solve an issue I've been dealing with since a couple of weeks ago.
I replaced my first Bose QC35 II pair because they started having a bug (not going into detail about it since not relevant for this topic). Got a replacement from Bose which had an even worse issue: a high pitch distortion that was driving me crazy. Thinking it may be just a defective replacement, I contacted customer service again and got another replacement. The new one did not have the high pitch problem for 2 days and it just started doing it as well.
A few notes:
- the high pitch distortion happens only when making a phone call or a video conference call, on all devices I have tried (an iPhone, a Macbook Pro, a Macbook)
- I searched for similar posts and tried all remedies listed there
- I followed the instructions to reboot to no avail
- I unpaired/paired to no avail
- I updated to the latest firmware to no avail
I work with these headphones and I am on video conferencing all day. Between the time spent to get these replacements and the headaches for this high pitch noise I have lost so much time and patience. I had to call the Customer Service 3 times with an average 25 mins hold, which also involved being bounced between 5 people. I am so frustrated and I can't believe this is happening after having spent $300 on a pair of headphones from the brand I considered the best.